Holiday Trains at Roger Williams Park Botanical Center — December 2023
The Little Rhody Division of the National Model Railroad Association is partnering with the Roger Williams Park Botanical Center to create two model train displays for the holidays.
Displays will be in the first two conservatories in the Botanical Garden at the park.
Members of Little Rhody are working to create the layouts and set up the track and trains in time for
the Grand Opening on Friday, November 24, 2023.
The display will run during regular park hours,
10 am – 3 pm, Tuesday – Sunday from November 24 – January 5.
Details, tickets, and directions at the Roger Williams Park Botanical Center Website
on their page, click "Events" then "Children's Programs"
What is the Little Rhody Division?
A small but very active division of the NMRA, Little Rhody provides the residents of Bristol County, Massachusetts and all of Rhode Island with fun and fellowship centered on model railroading. Our membership’s experience ranges from novice to master, and we are always willing to share our knowledge and learn from each other.
For fifty years, we have promoted and supported the model railroading hobby through activities and education of both our members and the general public in all aspects of model railroading. Please browse our pages to learn more about us and please join us for one of our informative and enjoyable monthly meetings.
Meetings are held on the first Saturday of every month. They are usually held in the morning and are often followed by a take-out or pot-luck lunch. Visitors are always welcome to meetings and our events.
- Dec 2 & 3, 2023, HUB division hosts the New England Model Train Expo in Marlboro MA (not our event), admission charged
- Saturday Dec 9, 2023, 10:00 AM at the United Methodist Church, 1558 South County Trail, East Greenwich, RI 02818; Coffee and donuts open at 9:30 AM; Bring a dish for the Pot Luck holiday luncheon
- Saturday Jan 6, 2024, 10:00 AM at the United Methodist Church, 1558 South County Trail, East Greenwich, RI 02818; Coffee and donuts open at 9:30 AM - tentative, details may change
- January 27 to January 28, 2024, Amherst Railway Society Railroad Hobby Show 2024, at West Springfield - Eastern States Exposition, MA (not our event) admission charged
- Saturday Feb 3, 2024, 10:00 AM at the United Methodist Church, 1558 South County Trail, East Greenwich, RI 02818; Coffee and donuts open at 9:30 AM - tentative, details may change
Joining Little Rhody
For information about joining us please contact out membership chairperson, Linda Bergemann,
Layouts Associated with Little Rhody
- Layouts of Individual members
- The Rhode Island and Old Colony RR. — the Division’s T-Track modular layout
- Narragansett Bay Railway & Navigation Co. — an On30 modular layout
Announcements, Publications, and Useful Links
- Rhode Rail, the official newsletter of the division
- Resources — DVDs, PDFs, and so on
- Handy links
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Sue Osberg e-mail: email@example.com
Rich Sisson e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Shannon Dekonski e-mail: email@example.com
Linda Bergemann e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Tom Emmett, MMR
Director & Webmaster
DK Paul e-mail: email@example.com
Achievement Program Co-Chairs
Tom Emmett, MMR and Steve Erickson
Director and Cordinator of T-Trak Layout
At Large Director
Justin Maguire, MMR
At Large Director
At Large Director
Steve Ryder e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org